2014: On-Demand Webinars
Available On-Demand: January 10, 2014
- Review the current regulations surrounding Pharmaceutical Waste Management
- Describe options for properly managing Pharmaceutical Waste
- Expose gaps of current Pharmaceutical Waste streams
Available On-Demand: March 24, 2014
- Identify areas to create sterile products preparation efficiencies
- Ways to improve sterile products processes using a workflow management tool
- Describe ways to decrease sterile products processing errors through standardized workflow
2013: Live and On-Demand Webinars
Available On-Demand: September 04, 2013
- Describe what the C- Suite Tool Kit provides to pharmacy leaders
- Define the importance of communication with the C-suite
- Describe the importance of goal alignment among the pharmacy department, C-suite, and PPMI
Available On-Demand: September 13, 2013
- Describe 3 cases each of reported issues with compounded sterile products from outsourced providers and from in-house hospital pharmacies.
- Describe how outsourced compounded sterile products compare in terms of safety to manufacturer-prepared sterile products, in-house prepared compounded sterile products, and point-of-care prepared compounded sterile products.
- List the 5 key elements when making a decision to prepare compounded sterile products in-hours vs. using an outsourced contracted provider.
- List the TJC requirements that apply to an outsourced compounded sterile products provider and managing their services.
- List the six key components of selecting an outsourced vendor, and the considerations that need to be included for each.
Available On-Demand: November 12, 2013
- Understand the primary challenges that hospital management (C-suite) is faced with today.
- Develop methods to highlight the specialized skills of health system pharmacists to the C-Suite.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a Chief Pharmacy Officer and how to develop that position in a health system.
2012: On-Demand Webinars
Available On-Demand: August 15, 2012
- Enhance the IV room productivity and reduce IV waste while improving medication delivery to the nursing units
- Demonstrate strategies resulting in the significant decrease in medication requests
- Identify changes in the IV Drug Delivery preparation and delivery process that resulted in a IV drug cost savings
Available On-Demand: September 18, 2012
- Define the current barriers to successful transitions of care
- Describe the role of the pharmacist in various transitions of care models
- Discuss the impact of transitions of care programs on medication safety and hospital readmission rates
- Identify best practices for transitions of care that could be implemented at your institution
2011: On-Demand Webinars
Available On-Demand: May 13, 2011
- Review key concepts of Lean methodology
- Review IV room waste project at St. Rita's Medical Center and how Lean concepts were applied
Available On-Demand: June 01, 2011
- Explain the concept of Lean "tools"
- Define 5S (Sort, Simplify, Shine, Standardize, Sustain), one-piece flow, and error proofing
- Discuss strategies for successfully integrating Lean tools into a project
Available On-Demand: August 10, 2011
- Describe the steps required in the assessment phase. List the desired outcomes resulting from the steps taken in the assessment phase.
- Identify the steps required in the planning phase. List the desired outcomes resulting from the steps taken in the planning phase.
- Discuss the workshop agenda.
- Explain the focus in the follow-up phase.